I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why I Believe Wednesday: Paul

Forgive me.  I'm going to get personal and mushy. 

I love my husband.  Tons.  And bunches. 

I won't say much more than that.  But I love having someone who believes the same things I do, someone to learn and grow with. 

Mostly I love our conversations. Last night we got to have like a 6-hour conversation, with topics ranging from teaching to gospel truths to tv shows and everything in between.  I love moments like that.  And it was confirmed to me several times throughout the evening that even though we are both so very imperfect and sometimes have no idea what we're doing, in our marriage or in life, I am lucky to have him by my side as my best friend and true companion while we figure it out.  And talking with him reinforced everything I'd been thinking about lately, with regards to the teachings of the gospel and what we want our home and our family to become.  I think we really do complement each other very well--we're not all that alike, but we still get each other (most of the time) and share in one another's interests and joys.  He's a great supporter without pushing too hard.  I try to do likewise.  He reminds me of the Plan and of the end goal.  Having a covenant marriage really does push us both to be better so we can get there.  I love the person Paul is and the person I know he will become.  And I don't deserve.  But God blessed me, anyway.  And I know sometimes I take him for granted.  But God blesses us BOTH, anyway, and sometimes I remember why marriage is so important--the very essence and purpose of the gospel. 

That is why I believe.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, the one thing I find that I love hearing you say over and over is that your husband is your best friend. In the past I'm not sure I could have said that, but now I enjoy just texting back and forth building that friendship before anymore emotions are truly involved. Sometimes it hard when all we have is a few texts at the end of the day, but I realized a few weeks ago we are building that friendship now, then later when I move closer maybe something more can grow from that friendship. You've helped me to realize if I make my best friend my husband then I'll trust myself to be myself around him, at least more easily than if I'm trying to be this "PERFECT" person he wants me to be and lose myself to that image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!