I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Show Off Saturday: FEAST!

Hmm...what do I have to show for this week?  (That I haven't already shown, anyway.)  I mostly laid around, took long naps, watched TV, and was a total bum.  I've had some back pain that has made breathing hard, everyone has been out having a life, and Paul worked late several nights, so other than being on top of the dish-doing and dinner-making I didn't really do anything. 

I have to do different things to get Caida up in the mornings--like tickle her until she's laughing and out of bed, or blast music up loud and have a morning dance party, or, like yesterday, have races around the house--until her blood is pumping enough to actually wake up and dress herself.  Well, apparently my foot has zero traction against the carpet in our house, because as we were racing to the window I slipped and rammed my leg into the bookshelf containing all our DVDs.  So I guess I can show off this lovely bruise near my knee:

Yes, yes it does hurt.

Today, Paul and I went to the Feast of the Hunter's Moon!  I love that.  Even with the light rain and cooler temperatures, and even though we really only had enough money to get in, so we had to forego all the fun trinkets and amazing fire-cooked foods that we usually make a whole day out of procuring each year, it was a lot of fun just to GO.  I took a bajillion few pictures to document the experience:
These cows cracked us up!  They looked out onto the parking lot like, "Hey, what are YOU guys doing in our spot?"


The feast, from a distance.  Well, a SMALL part of it, anyway!

Just a quintessential Indiana barn, right next to Fort Ouiatenon.

SO MANY COSTUMES (next year we want to dress up, too)!




My favorite, all the kiddos!


THE PARADE!








THE JUGGLERS! (the Budabi brothers, a yearly favorite)

We ran into our family/friends at the juggler's show!








NOW he's impressed!

And a little worried about that fire!






Caida loves our friend Dan!


SO MANY THINGS TO DO AND TO BUY! (if only we weren't so poor)








A real-life cooper!

I want to make my own mini bird cages after seeing this one!

This guy was carving a chess set before our eyes!

With a little help from kids, who turned the giant wheel for him!


Some merchandise.




The awesome Dulcimer Gathering!


Old music toys.

Applehead dolls.



Tomahawk throwing.



THE FOOD!  We were too poor to buy much food this year--we just got jerky--but the food is usually THE REASON to go to the Feast.  Everything is cooked over open flames, which of course means it tastes 10 times better!

Little woolly sheep!  I also want to make some of these.

Cute butter churns.


Really, the Feast is a favorite annual tradition of ours, no matter what the expense.  It's even more fun when you go with kids--the magic shows, puppet shows, jugglers, parade, musical ensembles, candle making, log sawing, trading blanket, dress-up area, toy tent, and more are all a ton of fun.  See the end of this post for my scrapbook pages of last year's Feast, when I went with my sisters and friends and niece.  And if you're ever in town, Paul and I will gladly show you and your family the ropes! 

What we actually took home this year:
Paul got a rootbeer--one for him and one for a friend at work.

I got a $4 bar of pumpkin pie goats milk soap!  It smells SOOOOOOO good, and was the perfect thing for my fall cravings this weekend!

And then I went to the Relief Society stake meeting.  Beautiful.  But nothing to post about it, other than I'm glad I went and I love music. :)  Gonna go shopping before the broadcast.  And that is my day.  :)

Maybe this coming week I'll actually do something worth showing off.  'Til then, enjoy these blasts from the past!




1 comment:

Thanks for leaving some love!