![]() |
| (Yeah, that's water seeping out of our FUSE BOX! What???) |
I told them about the leaking almost TWO WEEKS AGO, and followed up four separate days since--always with the reply that they were so sorry and would get right on that...well, I decided to stop just letting them do things whenever they got around to feeling like it, and contacted the health department. No more Mrs. Nice Guy! :) I know they probably can't do anything about it, or won't, but it still felt good to TRY. And I could use that as leverage when I went in and showed the photos to the horrified leasing agent in the office today. Which brought someone to our house within 2 1/2 hours. (Of course, he was like 18 and had no idea what to do, and told us he'd have to come back some other time with his supervisor...but, hey! At least someone CAME!) We're still taking bets on when it will ACTUALLY get fixed, and trying to determine what that would even mean at this point--a bit of bleach ain't gonna cover the swollen, rotting door and door frame...and the water seeping up through the carpet is damaging the floorboards, but even worse is the water that is curling up the tiles in the bathroom...*sigh*.
The worst part are all the people (well-intentioned, but ignorant to the plight that is being really and truly poor) that are telling us to just move. Yeah, thanks, but if we could afford it, we certainly would have done it this summer!!! With money and space issues, we really just can't afford to move, or we'd be ALL about that! Besides, it's the principle of the thing--if it's not us, it'll just be the next tenants. These people need to be held accountable, right? Right!
So I'm NOT going to wait like I did with the heater, fridge/freezer, bathroom ceilings, etc...or be nice and patient when they do things like tow my car without telling me, or lose a rent check and charge me late fees because I can't prove otherwise. I may not be able to afford a lawyer, but I have the internet! Even better these days! (Although a month's free rent WOULD be nice...)
I think waiting a week and a half, watching my *home* rot away before my eyes, barely able to breath when I have to pee, is more than a little unreasonable, and, by golly, I'm gonna take a stand! Watch out, world! Brave Celeste is gonna get in your FACE!
(Unless you're nice to me. Then we're cool. :)
Spread the word--down with Parkway!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!