Oh! I read Daddy Long Legs (and watched the musical version with Fred Astaire, which I hadn't seen in like 6 years) for our ward's book club...even if I can't attend the meeting...and I started Wuthering Heights, which, shockingly, I have never, ever read before. I'm only about a quarter of the way through it, but I really enjoy it so far!
And Caida made some strides in her medicine-taking, thanks to a sticker chart we made and promises of junk food. Actually, Mom and Cerene came up with something even better--any pill she swallows in less than five-seven seconds, she gets to eat an M&M right after. And she and I made these cheap, pretty little lovelies after school one day (I try to do something artsy at LEAST once a week, 'cause she enjoys it):
You just make whatever designs you want on some coffee filters in marker, then spritz them LIGHTLY with a mist of water in a spray bottle...
then, after they've dried, crumple them up in the middle so you have two "wings." If you pair two of these together, one on top of the other, they look more realistic. :)
Anyway, use a pipe cleaner, bent in half, to tuck around the body firmly...twist, curl your antennae, and voila!
ALSO. You know how parents are just SOOOO amused because of the antics of their children, even if no one else is? Turns out, puppy owners are the same way. I have been CRACKING UP all week because Voodoo learned that if she jumps on Obi while they play, she freezes and doesn't know what to do. Obi likes to just sit on her or paw at her and prove how big she is sometimes, and I think seeing Voodoo jump up and down on Obi like she's claiming land and queen of the world is just about the funniest thing I have ever seen...at least this week! I'll have to post a video...y'know, for posterity. ;)
(P.S. I know it looks like Voodoo is doing something dirty, but she's just long and panting and trying to jump up on Obi with her stubby little legs!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!