I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, September 9, 2011

Family Friday: US A-Z

We haven't had an eventful week as a family--just waiting for them to FINALLY finish our bathroom, and trying to figure out how to keep Caida trying her best in the mornings (she's resorted to breaking apart her medication and throwing it away when we aren't looking) and at school (her teacher is already worried about her passing first grade...which is sad, because she's REALLY very SMART, but she just won't even TRY to behave).  *Sigh*  Can't blame her.  These days I don't feel much like trying, either.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to adapt an idea I saw on another blog and do an "all about me" A-Z...for each of us!  (There will obviously be some overlap...since we're all related.  Get over it. :)  Mine are all true, but the rest of them are pretty much guesses based on what *I* see and imagine.  Except Caida's...those, I asked her myself.  :)

ME (Celeste)
AGE: 28
BED: A super uncomfortable full...or the couch...or the floor...or an air mattress
CHORE YOU HATE: LAUNDRY!  It just never ends.
DOGS: 2, Obsidian ("Obi") and Voodoo
Obi
Voodoo

Our "babies"

ESSENTIAL START TO DAY: Breakfast!  Even if I don't shower or change clothes or anything else that normally signals a new day has started, once I eat breakfast, I'm ready to begin tackling my to-do list!  Breakfast is to me what coffee is to most other teachers.  ;)
FAVORITE COLOR: Don't have one...but I tend to favor cool colors...except sometimes I really love red.
GOLD OR SILVER: Silver
HEIGHT: 5'7"
INSTRUMENTS: I play piano and flute.  And I know a few chords on guitar.
JOB TITLE: Stay-at-home Wife, Aunt, Sister, Daughter, Puppy-Mom...hopefully soon I'll be able to add "Teacher" to that list!
KIDS: None.
LIKES: Crafting, Writing, Reading, Spending time with people I love, teaching/planning
MEMORY: TAMPA!  I miss Florida.  Maybe it was just because I didn't have to do any cleaning or taking care of anyone else for a whole week.  :)  Or maybe it really was that warm and wonderful.
NICKNAMES: Oma (stemming from my maiden name, Darland)
OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAYS: None for myself, though I've stayed overnight in hospitals for three different family members so far...
PET PEEVE: When people compare my problems to theirs as though I'm at least "lucky" to not have their problems...especially when they have what I want...oooh, it irks me!  Pain is pain.  Don't judge!
QUOTE (what I probably can be heard saying most often these days): "Okay, universe, you win."
RIGHTY OR LEFTY: righty
SIBLINGS: 2 sisters, 1 brother, 2 step-sisters, 1 step-brother, 2 (or 3, depending on how you define "family") half-brothers.  I'm the oldest of all of them...except my long-lost half-brother who-was-adopted-into-another-family-before-I-was-born...yeah, our family is complicated.  :)
TIME YOU WAKE UP: Whenever Paul's alarm goes off in the morning.  Lately I have been allowing myself the luxury of staying in bed 'til 7, though.
UNIVERSITY ATTENDED: BYU and Purdue
VEGGIES YOU HATE: brussel sprouts. Everything else I love.
X-RAYS YOU'VE HAD: Teeth, of course.  And one time on my feet when I was working at Heartland Automotive and couldn't hardly stand up on them (that's when I found out about my arthritis).  And the one for my hip/back injury back in 2004.
YUMMY FOOD: Taco anything (pizza, pasta, salad, soup, or just plain tacos, etc.)  And Chocolate!!!
ZOO ANIMALS: Giraffes.  And penguins. 

Paul
AGE: 26
BED: Same as mine...though, because of the discomfort of our current bed, we often sleep in different places.
CHORE YOU HATE: All of them?  I don't know, he doesn't do any! I'd guess dishes, though...or toilets.
DOGS: Same as ours (although he loves them a LOT more than I do!)
ESSENTIAL START TO DAY: Shower.  He's a cold-shower-in-the-morning kinda guy.
FAVORITE COLOR: I don't think he has a favorite, per se, but he likes black and blue a lot.  For home accents, he likes things with just a pop of color--like our red kitchen.
GOLD OR SILVER: Silver
HEIGHT: 5'8"
INSTRUMENTS: Piano(so dreamy!)
JOB TITLE: Aside from husband and all that...Trainer for Ryla/Alorica
KIDS: None
LIKES: Star Trek, drawing, reading, puppies, eating...those are the main ones.  He likes a lot more, of course.  :)
MEMORY (my fave memory OF him): probably our engagement and/or wedding.
NICKNAMES: None really...although, his family and friends in Chicago call him Mike, because that's technically also his first name. 
OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAYS: In Texas--having his appendix taken out.
PET PEEVE: anyone who contradicts him ;)  AND people who drive really slow but don't allow him room to pass.
QUOTE: "Man, I'm so Asian." :)
RIGHTY OR LEFTY: Righty
SIBLINGS: One (Emilie)
TIME YOU WAKE UP: Between 6:30 & 7:00
UNIVERSITY ATTENDED: Purdue
VEGGIES YOU HATE: Does he hate veggies?  I can't think of any...
X-RAYS YOU'VE HAD: none that I know of...
YUMMY FOOD: Pizza, and chicken/rice casseroles!
ZOO ANIMALS: He got most excited about the tiger at Busch Gardens, but that could just be because of the dangerous proximity.  :)  And anything puppy-ish...dingos, wolves, New Guinea singing dogs, etc.

Cerene
AGE: 25
BED: the couch, currently...
CHORE YOU HATE: laundry
DOGS: None
ESSENTIAL START TO DAY: coffee
FAVORITE COLOR: black (she admits this, and dresses in it all the time!)
GOLD OR SILVER: silver
HEIGHT: 6' even-ish.
INSTRUMENTS: none, although she did take piano lessons as a kid, too.  And she rocks out on Rock Band.  :)
JOB TITLE: Customer Service Agent
KIDS: 2 (Caida, and a son named Caleb--now Leland--adopted into another family)
LIKES: Spending time with friends, making money, funny, dryly sarcastic tv.
MEMORY (my favorite of her): quoting Brian Regan in the middle of her contractions.  :)
NICKNAMES: Cereniebean.
OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAYS: Just her children's births, that I know of...or for other people.
PET PEEVE: Life.
QUOTE: "I just wanna punch someone in the face!" and "God hates me."
RIGHTY OR LEFTY: lefty
SIBLINGS: same as me. :)
TIME YOU WAKE UP: 7:30-7:45.
UNIVERSITY ATTENDED: Ivy Tech...and an online university (Kaplan? I don't remember which...)
VEGGIES YOU HATE: Brussel sprouts...I think she likes the rest, like me.  :)
X-RAYS YOU'VE HAD: Dental, I don't know of any others...
YUMMY FOOD: Not picky...she likes almost anything...but I know she likes salty things more than sweet.  And she eats whole pickles by the jar!
ZOO ANIMALS: Tigers, maybe?  And Zebras?  I'd have to ask...

Caida
AGE: 6, will be 7 in November
BED: a cot in our back room
CHORE YOU HATE: taking medicine!
DOGS: doesn't really like our dogs at all!
ESSENTIAL START TO DAY: Besides stalling on medicine-taking, laughing!  Once she laughs, she's awake. 
FAVORITE COLOR: Pink and purple and red
GOLD OR SILVER: Gold AND Silver
HEIGHT: 4 feet exactly
INSTRUMENTS: None really, although she loves pretending to play guitar a ton
JOB TITLE: Kid, daughter
KIDS: NO!
LIKES: Singing/dancing, watching TV/movies (iCarly, Good Luck Charlie, Phineas and Ferb...), crafts, ice cream
MEMORY (actually HERS): Making Christmas trees with Celeste (I didn't put her up to it, I swear!)
NICKNAMES: Caida Bug, Caida Waida Potata Head
OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAYS: Several!  All related to her epilepsy, though usually just routine tests
PET PEEVE: when people hit her (at school)
QUOTE: "Do you know how much I love you?"  She says this ALL the time, especially when she's in trouble.  :)
RIGHTY OR LEFTY: righty
SIBLINGS: none
TIME YOU WAKE UP: 7:45, although she's not actually UP 'til an hour later.
UNIVERSITY ATTENDED: School of hard knocks.  :)
VEGGIES YOU HATE: Pretty much all of them.  She used to love salad, until she moved here and decided she hated everything good for her.  SOMETIMES I can sneak veggies in our spaghetti sauce.
X-RAYS YOU'VE HAD: None, that I know of anyway.
YUMMY FOOD: Tacos, mac 'n' cheese or other cheesy pastas, ice cream cones, chips
ZOO ANIMALS: zebras and elephants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!