2. I'm so, so grateful that Caida is as well-behaved as she is. After they left us the first time, we didn't really do homeschooling, but with school starting on TUESDAY I figured she could brush up on her basic skills (she had forgotten how to write basic numbers and letters, and how to read many of her sight words). I didn't want to make a big deal out of it like before, because these are the last days of her summer vacation and I want her to savor it, but we've been doing a bit out of her workbooks and some art for the last week. She kept insisting we do more and more of her workbooks and other projects for almost three hours yesterday! And then I taught her how to navigate a few fun websites on the computer, and she was good for another two hours. All things considered, she's a pretty low-maintenance kid. That makes not only watching her easier, but it means I can get other things done around the house if I need to. Score!
3. I'm grateful that my hip is starting to feel a little better. It's been hurting SO badly all week, so any improvement in my mobility is a blessing!
I've had a pretty rough week...if *I* can think of three things to be grateful for today, then you certainly can, too! So, what are you thankful for?
I'm thankful I got all of the boxes out of the front room. I'm thankful my mom has really caught on to wanting the rest of the house for her family, which mean two more rooms to tackle but in the end there will be another bedroom, and a storage room or a bedroom with portable heaters. I'm thankful to be talking to someone who almost everyday leads to something spiritual and/or thought provoking. Thankful that I have friends who are there for me even when I've been such a bad friend these last two years.
ReplyDelete