I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

10 Things Tuesday: Egg Cartons!

No matter what kinds of egg cartons you have, these are almost an inevitability these days.  What can you do with these?  Well, there are at least 10 ideas here to get you started!

10. ART!  If you are an artsy craftsy person, or even if you're not, you can make some pretty cool art with these cartons...and they can be as simple or complicated as you'd like.



9. Fancy lamps!  I totally love the unique, flowery look of these weird egg carton lamps, made with the cartons, scissors, paints, and a string of lights.



8. TOYS!  Of course, your tiny kiddos would love any free toy given "just because," and I think they love them even more when they help make them!  Check out this transport, or camera (made from a carton and gatorade bottle), or homemade mancala game!




7. Seed starters/grassy caterpillars!  :)  Pretty self-explanatory.


6. Easy sorters!  You can sort just about anything small, from change to nuts and bolts to crayons just waiting to be repurposed, in an egg carton...over and over and over again!


5. Fire starters!  With some dyer lint and melted wax (use your old scentsy wax or old candles), you can make some easy fire starters for when you go camping.  Awesome!  But only use cardboard cartons for this...you don't want to burn the plastic or foam kinds!


4. A nature sort!  I did this with my niece, and it was fun...you just bring some cartons with you on a nature walk, and keep pretty leaves, flowers, or grasses you may find in the different compartments...then, go home and make some beautiful window art by laminating it all (or use contact paper) and cutting it out!


3. Soundproofing!  Experts say this isn't totally effective, but that doesn't stop some places from using it still!


2. A bulletin board!  This would be great in a room with the bottlecap lampshade from last week.  :)


1. Color sorting game!  I love the different variations of this...one lady just painted circles to match the color inside each section, while another took her kids on a nature walk and they found things that matched each color.  What a fun preschool activity!



BONUS IDEAS:

* Egg Carton Butterflies!  These are really pretty all together, and I'm sure you could paint both sides of any egg cartons that aren't clear if you wanted to.  How fun!


* Frog Eye Mask!  These look so silly, but so cute!

*Countdown!  Especially great for the 12 Days of Christmas!  ;)  You just put a small trinket or candy inside each one, and cover them with colored paper so they don't peek!  Then break one open each day!
Well, that's all for today!  Hope you've been as inspired by these eco-friendly ideas as I have!

1 comment:

  1. I have to thank you, when you did the one on glass jars one of them was to sort ribbons...well I did that with my mom's sewing ribbon and she loved it. Now I just have to wash the rest of the jelly jars and finish putting the rest of the ribbon in them. I'll share a picture when I finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!