I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

10 Things Tuesday: Mint Tins

I don't have a ton of these around, but I have really loved the ideas I've found...so maybe I'll start buying them again!  The fact that these are small and magnetic means that they can be used for a great many things!  Granted, most of these involve holding small things...but who doesn't need more small-things-holders, anyway?  :)

10. Mini survival kits!  Put together a few essentials--a small compass, some matches or a lighter, small LED light for signalling, pocket knife, water purifying tablets, some fishing wire on a bobbin, a couple of small hooks, and whatever else you might need.  Then, keep it in your purse or in your car in case of an emergency!

9. Small sewing kits, first aid kits, etc.  Since you can store small things in these tins fairly easily, you can make them first aid kits--with bandages, pain killers, allergy meds, gauze/tape, alcohol pads, cotton swabs, ointment, and tweezers--or sewing kits, with needles, buttons, bobbins of thread, safety pins, and a seam ripper.  Or you could stow away other small things--hair pins and ponytail holders for a beauty kit, etc.



8. Travel games!  (Educational or not...)  Because they are magnetic, these tins make great travel games!  You can print off miniature gameboards and make game pieces out of small magnets, or paint the insides of the tins and make habitats for animals, etc.  You can print off words or letters and put them on adhesive magnetic strips for an educational travel activity.  I've also seen these with silly faces--like a 2-D Mr. Potato Head--which sounds like a TON of fun!
  




7. A new wallet!  It doesn't take much to make a wallet--a few minutes if you want, or you could paint and add decals to really make it your own.  If your tin opens and closes too easily, you can wrap a rubber band around it to keep it closed.  But these are the perfect size for cards, cash, a few coins, and even a USB drive.

6. Travel Paints!  I love this idea, even if I probably wouldn't actually use it much, because you can glue other trash--upside-down bottle caps--into the tins and add dry tempera or watercolor paints.  Add a small brush and a few scraps of watercolor paper, and you have an art kit anywhere you may have water.

5. Mini Zen garden!  Paint the outside, add some sand and rocks, and you have an instant zen garden!

4. Small toy car!  This is cute, probably because I love LEGOs! 

3. Pinhole Camera!  Wow, some people are amazing.  You can find a dozen how-to videos on youtube if you're really interested, but this is out of my area of expertise, so I won't say much more about this other than...awesome!

2. Mini Speakers!  Another great idea with lots of how-tos on youtube...people are incredibly creative, yes?


1. An awesome mini "toolbox" gift box!  Brandy over at Gluesticks made this ADORABLE toolbox gift card box for Father's Day!  I love it a ton...you can fill each compartment with small candy, a gift card, coupons, or any other small gifts!

If not a single idea here appeals to you, then you can just recycle them.  But hopefully something here inspired you to reuse them instead!  Well, that's it for today!  :)  Hope you enjoy getting creative with these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!