I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cupcake Craft FAIL...#2!

Remember this awful scarf?


Hahaha, I'm really embarrassed to put this up, but just so you see that I really DO struggle with the craft stuff just as much as anyone else who tries...here's what my potpourri-filled crocheted cupcake was {supposed} to look like (the big one on the left):

And here's how it actually turned out:

Even if I {squish} it, it's just not working!!!

Maybe it's because I was using leftover scarf yarn instead of crafty yarn (making it too soft to hold its shape well), or maybe it's the potpourri instead of the fiberfill, or maybe it's because I had to learn THREE new stitches for this particular cupcake...but whatever the reason, it's a craft FAIL that I'm still going to send just because it still smells really good and will make Kerstin laugh and think of me, hard at work in Indiana, trying so hard this weekend to come up with SOMETHING usable... *Sigh*  Back to the drawing board!  I may have to express mail this package.  :)

1 comment:

  1. You commented on the RFM blog about the trying to be a mom that I wrote - this is Rosanne - and Sarah and I are BOTH LDS so we feel your pain about the strollers and the babies everywhere you look! Just thought I'd give yah an "I feel ya"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!