In my searches for recycled (should be called REUSED) crafts, I've found a lot of fun things that don't quite fit into any particular category or that involve materials I probably wouldn't have a ton of, anyway...so I thought I'd periodically post a miscellaneous collection of eco-friendly crafts. Here we go!
10. Bottlecap Lampshade--if you use water bottles a lot, save those caps and tape/sew them into a fancy-funky lampshade! I think they hung them from a cardboard circle...but I suppose that's up to you and your creative self.
9. Capri Sun purses! I've seen a smaller version of these at our local farmer's market, but I love that they are waterproof and easy to sew!
8. Drink Coaster Albums/Decor: You know those small foamy coasters at some restaurants? Save 'em! There's this super-cute album from NotSoIdleHands, made with some glue/tape, scrapbook supplies, and photos...and a binder ring. Also, my step-mom made some of these with letters on them that spelled out "FALL" on one side and "NOEL" on the other...she hung them with ribbon off a stick and they were really cute. :)
7. A Cookie Sheet chore chart! The magnetic cookie sheets are great for anything that needs to move around a lot, and I love that this chore chart uses picture-icons for young non-readers. It's awesome!
6. Faux makeup! I *LOVE* this idea and may just have to make some for my niece...this fake makeup is not messy like the "real" stuff, which makes it fun for the kids AND for the grown-ups who love them, too! All you do is clean out your old makeup containers REALLY well, then add in some nail polish in different colors...let them dry for a few days in a well-ventillated area, and voila! So fun!
5. Fancy fingerless glove/glass bottle jewelry holder. This is very cute and great for a romantic or goth ambiance. Fun, yes? :) You just put the fishnet glove around the bottle, stretching it high and tight, and then wrap some scrap fabric around it to secure it (you can add a little glue, too)...and then add your earrings!
4. Homemade lip gloss in a reused container! NotSoIdleHands mixed koolaid with petroleum jelly to make a colored lip gloss, and she made necklace containers for it for her daughters with old gumball machine toy containers and ribbon/beads!
3. Pinecone evergreen trees. I know Christmas is quite a ways away yet...but these are fun and CHEAP! You just spraypaint pinecones green, and decorate them with paints, glitter, etc. Fun, and easy!
2. A fun, easy ribbon dispenser can be made out of those plastic sundae cups! Again from NotSoIdleHands (can you tell I LOVE that blog?), she just cleaned it out, punched a few holes in the top, and threaded her ribbon through...cute, right? :) And awesome when you have a million ribbon scraps lying around.
1. Wooden peg/clothespin dolls! I know this isn't anything new, but I sure do love them anyway...in fact, I probably have as big an obsession as one who has never made them can! And how fun to handmake a few toys for your kids, even for your boys! These Harry Potter and Star Wars themed dolls are beautifully simple!
Happy crafting! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!