Opening Song: Popcorn Popping (she still LOVES that one from when she was younger, and we even got to have Paul on speakerphone for that one!)
Opening Prayer: Caida
Family Business: Caida's school stuff (registration on Tuesday, school starting in a week, fears, etc.)
Lesson/Activity: Learning the words to "The Lord Gave Me a Temple" We worked on it line-by-line and drew our own pictures to help us remember the big/important words. By the end, she could sing it louder than me!
| Mine |
| Hers |
Closing Prayer: Also Caida (I don't want to squander her willingness to volunteer!)
Snack: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies! Each Sunday that Caida behaves in church (I talk to her teacher afterwards...she is new to the routines and procedures and being reverent and sharing and all that stuff), we make a batch of cookies together that serve as our FHE snack and desserts for the week. She LOVES making cookies with me, and is such a good helper, so how can I deny her that? :) Plus, it'll give me an excuse to try out a bunch of new cookie recipes in the coming months.
FHE is so much more fun when you're planning it for kids! :)
ALSO, spending so much time with Caida, I have a million stories and things I don't want to forget to tell her someday...but I am bad about writing in a journal, by hand these days...so I started a blog where each post is a letter that maybe someday she'll be old enough to really appreciate. If you've ever seen the Disney show Good Luck, Charlie, it's the same concept. Anyway, I highly recommend it! It's so nice to just plop a quick story down when I'm on the computer--things she's said or done that make me smile, little life lessons I'm learning, things I hope she will understand about her somewhat troubled life someday--and way less time-intensive, especially with digital pictures, than a journal. I'm going to do one for all my own kids someday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!