I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Updates :)

Just a quick note.  We're still here, alive and kickin' (barely!).  I hate February--it's only 28 days, but it is the LONGEST month ever!  This year was no exception.  Paul has been sick the whole month, and I only barely manage to stave it off (sore throat every morning and SUPER TIRED all the time).  He's worried he's got walking peumonia again, so Monday if his cough hasn't gotten any better he's going to a clinic.  Our car, which we just got back at the end of January, wound up having a huge crack in the radiator, so three weeks and $400 later we have a car that mostly works again!  A blizzard, teasing spring weather, then snow again have my seasonal depression kicking in full time.  It didn't help when we had our furnace break on us and it took the management over a week to fix it.  My niece's epilepsy treatments aren't working so well yet, but it does take a few weeks for medicines to kick in.  It turns out that the emergency medication she has for sleeping prohibits her from that diet I mentioned earlier, although I'm not too crazy about the side effects her medicine has on her (I won't even go into it, it breaks my heart to talk about that little girl struggling so much!).  I took a little break from the photography class because my subject (Paul) has been so sick. 

But that's enough complaining.  In the meantime, I keep myself busy (though maybe not busy enough)...I got my teaching license (finally!) so I'm working on getting my portfolio together and preparing for interviews for the next school year.  We're trying to find a new apartment to move into (we're sick of being toyed with by our management), maybe here or maybe in Chicago, depending on whether or not Paul can find work (he's sick of that, too).  I've been planning for spring and crafting a bit, especially digital scrapping.  I got excited about Project 365 a little too late, so instead of taking pictures I came up with all my layouts for next year.  Yes, that's 52 (plus a cover and an extra page for New Year's Eve) pages, all with different layouts and colors and I'm in love with it and can't wait to use it in 2012.  If I could legally share them with you, I totally would, but I'm a little fuzzy about how that works. :)  I've been able to babysit a bit for Tanner (my nephew) when either he's sick or the daycare is closed.  I've also been watching the Cosby Show (curse whoever came up with Netflix instant streaming, it's TOO EASY to have it playing all day long while I craft).  I have NOT been cleaning like I should, but I've been cooking up a storm.  :)  I have a long to-do list of important things that I promise I WILL one day get around to.  But right now, I'm just mostly daydreaming and planning for the future.  Obi and I have been getting along really well lately, I don't really know what's changed but lately I just find her antics adorable instead of annoying and it's been much easier to keep my temper in check with her.  In fact, she's enjoying a peanut butter jar right now as a treat for being so good.  She's such a person.  It shows in her personality more and more every day.  We're both getting fatter and waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to resume our long daily walks.  I think that's about it...I'll post pictures and get on with the fun stuff soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!