I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Obsidian the Model

My friend Jessica (check out her photography blog HERE) pointed her readers to a FREE online photography class going on this month (check it out HERE).  I figured, with my little point-and-shoot Canon PowerShot A560, I could stand to learn a thing or two about taking decent pictures.  Of course, I don't have a fancy camera or any real background in photography, and no aspirations of any photo business ever (my flower business would be enough for me!), but I DO love scrapbooking.  So why not?  It's free, right?  So what do I have to lose?  :)

Anywho, the class is called the Joy of Love, and each day they send a prompt to help you photograph the ones you love and a tip or two.  Which I just need.  Obi, our puppy, is a difficult model.  I can never get good shots of her--especially when she's moving around!  But I worked on using more natural light (avoiding those red evil dog eyes that I usually have to edit out because of the flash I usually use) and getting down to her level.  I also caught her in a few moments of boredom rest.  I like the result.  What do you think?  Isn't Obsidian a GORGEOUS dog, really?

Obi looks BORED.

Obi looks AT ME.

Obi looks SURPRISED.

Obi looks BORED (again).

Obi looks OUT THE WINDOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!