I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, February 4, 2011

Joy of Love Day 4: What They Wear

What does Obi wear?  Not much, just her collar.  But that one thing she wears keeps her from looking weird.  (Naked Obi DOES look weird.)
Naked Obi...she has no neck!
Getting a good picture of her collar, however, was a challenge.  Thankfully, I discovered picnik.com, a free online image editing site for amateurs like me.  It makes even dull photos a little more interesting.  :)  So here's my photo for today's assignment, what Obi wears:

I kinda like the way the light played off the metals, and adjusting the contrast helped that even more.

Is it better square?  I think so.
ALSO, the tip for the day said we should play around with our camera's metering.  I was surprised to learn that even my point-and-shoot had three metering options in the manual setting.  Here's the difference:

Great mugshots of Obi. :)
I think, at least with the bright light coming in from the window, there's only a very subtle difference between evaluative and center weight.  The center weight supposedly averages the exposure for the whole photo but gives greater weight to the subject at the center, while the evaluative breaks the image into several complex areas and sort of automatically adjusts the lighting accordingly?  That's what the manual says.  It's kinda confusing.  But I DO know that the spot option was too bright for almost everything I was shooting when the sunlight was pouring in through the window.  I'll have to try later to see when it would be useful.  :)

And, for your viewing pleasure (or at least mine): this pretty much sums up our feelings on this Friday afternoon.  Cozying up in the post-storm sunshine...can I please nap, too, Obi?  :)


Check out the Joy of Love and everyone else's awesome photos HERE!  You can still sign up for the class/daily emails--remember, it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!