I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Joy of Love Day 8: Gifts from the Heart

Today our goal is to capture the gifts given in love to us by those we love.  Obsidian gives me kisses, loyalty, obedience, snuggles, and most of all she teaches me a little about what it means to care for someone or something else that's so dependent on me.  I guess she's pretty much the best practice for parenthood we'll get.  :)  My absolute FAVORITE thing she does is cock her head in confusion or curiosity.  I melt every time.  I think it's because I am internally cocking my own head at her antics and puppy-reasoning almost constantly.  :)



I wanted to add something about Paul today, too, since I'm realizing just how hard it is to find new things to do with Obi (especially since I pretty much can't get her moving around much).  I had seen this kind of picture online and wanted BADLY to make one with my engagement and wedding rings, and now I had the perfect excuse!  A LOT of people did themes on their rings, which makes sense.  I personally love the symbolism of a ring, and the many, many promises that came along with each of mine.

Our wedding rings have "I Love You" engraved three times--because if you say something 3 times, then you must really mean it!
I love how it makes that heart-shape even with the bulkiness of the diamonds and sapphires on the end.  :)
My only complaint was that you couldn't see the scripture I placed this in, which was all about marriage and stuff.  But it was either get a good, focused shot of the rings and heart OR the scripture.  I chose the rings.  :)

There are some GREAT photos submitted today...go check them out HERE and get inspired!

2 comments:

  1. I love the ring shot! I will have to try that sometime :) Thanks for the idea... beautiful photos (and rings)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement! I saw a lot of pictures like this when we were trying to get engagement photos, and I've wanted to do it FOR.E.VER. :) So I can't take credit for the idea, but I'm happy to pass it along, anyway. :) Your photos of your kids are SOOOOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!