I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Monday, February 14, 2011

No good angle!

So, since my hip injury 6 years ago, and combined with thyroid issues and other factors both in and out of my control, I've been slowly and steadily gaining weight.  Imperceptibly so, if you've been at all with me as it's happened--about 10 pounds a year...but that sure does add up!  (Yeah, you do the math.  Sad, right?)

Usually when I look in the mirror there is a magical angle where I can turn my body one way and my head another and honestly tell myself, "Well, I'm not really THAT big."

Today I could find no such angle.

Friends, this will not do!

*Note: Unlike many people, I am not saying this so that you will contradict me and I can feel better about myself.  I do not believe in fishing for compliments.  I really am overweight and this is me acknowledging that I have some part in it.  This is a genuine dismay and a discovering that as unhealthy as I've felt INSIDE, now it's really starting to show OUTSIDE.  Remember that whole New Years Resolution to be healthier?  Yeah, maybe I really should get on that!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!