I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful, Day 1

I have had a bad case of the grumpies for some time now.  Things are getting better, partly because of the passage of time and mostly because I am CHOOSING HAPPINESS.  It's not easy, especially when times are tough, but it's doable.  And a big part of that always, but especially in this season, is gratitude.  So I'd like to post each day until Thanksgiving and share things I'm grateful for, and other ways I'm trying to develop an attitude of gratitude.

Today I am grateful for clouds.  That's right, clouds.  Seems a strange thing to start off the month being grateful for, but this morning on my oh-so-short drive into work I was noticing the pinkish hue of the clouds in the sunrise and I was just overwhelmed by the simple beauties that are all around us that I rarely stop and take time to notice.  I'm grateful for the clouds that reflect rainbows of colors in the sunrise and sunset.  I'm grateful for the clouds that bring rain to a thirsty world, and the ones that are dark and stormy with lightning and thunder.  And the puffy white clouds that take the shapes of our imaginations.  I'm grateful for the beauty of the way clouds play with light, almost like a living painting.  I love flying through clouds and watching them dance on the wings, or sprawl out below me like a luxurious bubble bath.  Clouds are GREAT, and I for one am grateful for them.

Tip of the day: I busted out my clicker today for the first time in too long.  It's pink and awesome and it forces me to take just a few minutes at the start, middle, and end of my day to breathe deeply and ponder the good in my life.  TRY IT!

1 comment:

  1. I have totally been eyeing my clicker lately. I think it is time to break mine out as well. Love your guts. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration this morning.:) PS---->You are such a talented writer, i really enjoyed the beauty of yoru WRITING today.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!