I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful, Days 3-5

Hahaha, I guess weekends are difficult for me.  At least this weekend was.  But that's okay.  You'll just get to be with me as I play catch-up.  Or be my friend on Facebook--I post daily there.  It's easier since I don't add photos or tips or explanations at all.  :)  But since this is more of a journal, I feel I need to add...more.  :)

Day 3: Today, I'm grateful for family--the family I came from, the family I married into, the little family Paul and I are together, and our someday-family yet to be. Who else but family would love you so completely, drive you so nuts, and still want to claim you at the end of every day? :)





This came about because of a few thoughts.  The hurricane that semi-displaced my sister-in-law for a while, the health issues of close family members, the continued struggles with infertility...but really, everyone loves family, even the ones that are crazy.  And mine's just wonderful, really.  I love my in-laws as much as my own family and that's such a blessing!

Tip of the day: Write a letter of gratitude to a friend or family member.  :)

***

Day 4: Day 4: Today, I'm grateful for beginnings. And the sweetness and excitement and even naïveté that accompanies it. Baptism, marriage, new jobs, trials, they all teach you something and bring you new friends and I love the adventure that starting something is!

We got to go to a baptism, which sort of solidified a lot of feelings I've had lately about beginnings and the excitement of the unknown.  (Yes, it's awful and horrifying not knowing things, but it's also pretty fun, especially in hindsight.  I get excited about it.)  I especially love it in a spiritual sense because in the beginning things are so simple and new and the "firsts" of the gospel, just like the firsts in a relationship, are such special memories you'll carry with you always.  I love baptisms and hearing new converts' stories because it solidifies my own faith in a special way.

I wish I had a pic of my baptism day!!!  Pretend I do, and it's inserted right here.  :)

Tip of the day: Pray a whole prayer of thanks...and make it long.

***

Day 5: Day 5: I'm SO thankful for my job. Working one-on-one with children with special needs has been inspiring, difficult, funny, exhausting, sweet, intimidating, empowering, and all around wonderful.  It is not what I pictured myself doing at this time of my life, and some days I focus too much on where I would "rather" be...but it is definitely where I'm meant to be right now--I've had that witness more than once and I'm humbled by the privilege it is to serve these children every day knowing that for some reason they need me and, more likely, I need them.

Really, if you have ever met any of the children I work with, but particularly my morning girl, you would know what I mean.  I LOVE MY JOB! 


Tip of the day: Start a personal or family "gratitude list" and display it in a fun, creative way--like leaves on a tree, a giant poster to write on, a dry erase board you can easily change out, or anything else that strikes your fancy.  Just make it visible and interactive--include your guests in on the sweet action, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!