I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Day 22 and final: Today, I am thankful for traditions. Our Thanksgiving tacos are something I look forward to almost every year, even though we rarely have them ON Thanksgiving day. And just as honorable are the turkey-potato-cranberry sauce traditions shared around the nation and in my Dad's home each year. I'm thankful to spend today with them! Paul and I are still relatively newlyweds and without children so we are still figuring out all the traditions we want to have in our own home someday...but Pinterest helps. :) Here are some I know I want to have:

1. A visible and cute countdown whereupon we write something we are grateful for each day of November until the BIG day. :)
2. Pumpkin pull-apart bread and the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving movie for breakfast.
3. Someone making cute placemats while I'm busy cooking. And a cute white tablecloth that everyone can sign and write on--the biggest blessing of the year, signed and dated and then embroidered to last a lifetime! Brought out to add into every year for as long as possible!

What are some of YOUR favorite holiday traditions?

Tip of the day: get offline. Go tech-free for as long as possible today and just enjoy the traditions of your family, whatever it looks like. We all have something to be grateful for and we can enjoy those blessings more in real life with the people actually around us than we ever could on the phone/computer/TV/video games. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!