I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful, Days 17-19

Day 17: I'm thankful that some people still believe in the arts for kids...and they're the passionate ones, so they will always win! :)

Day 18: I'm thankful for modern conveniences like central heat and air, running water (and hot water at that), electricity, and an indoor washer/dryer. So many things we kind of expect to have but that are really just amazing, life-altering, health-promoting conveniences that make everyday living so much easier.

Day 19: I'm thankful for modern medicine, and for the relatively new experience of being insured!
2 hours and 15 minutes in the urgent care waiting room, plus half an hour of actual visits: $50.
2 prescriptions for bronchitis and a sinus infection at CVS: $60
The hope of being able to breathe and sleep well again someday soon: priceless. :)


And here are 3 tips to improving gratitude:
1. Forgive other humans.
2. Don't compare yourself (or your blessings) to other humans.
3. Compliment other humans.  Remember the 8:1 rule...it takes 8 positive interactions to "cancel out" a negative one in a relationship.  Remember that especially with your spouses and your children. 

The wording may seem funny in these..."other humans" instead of "others."  But sometimes that word, "human," reminds us (or at least ME) that that's exactly what we all are.  I know a lot of these are easier said than done, but when you put it into perspective and remember to be as kind to others who are just trying to figure out their way as much as you are, it makes it a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!