I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sally the Seahorse

This adorable seahorse was EASY and only took me about 3-4 hours to complete all together. 

Close-up of the head...

You can get the pattern for free from Mausica's Magical Menagerie, HERE.  I loved the spiky fins and how it looked more like a stuffed toy for kids than anything too realistic.  :)  I seriously looked all over and half of them were UGLY!  I could make a million of these, especially since it used so little yarn.  Also, FYI, using the yarn I usually use for these kinds of crafts (Red Heart acrylic 4-ply yarns, the cheap kind from Walmart) and a size H hook, it actually ended up being almost 7 inches tall, which is almost twice as tall as the pattern said.  But that was perfect for me, because look how it blends with the other cute toys!

I could do this all day...oh, wait!  I have!  :)

1 comment:

  1. All of those things you crocheted look amazing!! My grandma taught me how to do a basic crochet when I was little but I haven't ever attempted to make anything like that! Someone will have fun playing with those:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!