It's amazing how quickly your life, routine, goals, relationships, health, and everything else important to you can change. :) Having Cerene (my sister) and Caida (my niece) here is WONDERFUL, and the changes we've had are GOOD, but the adjusting to the change itself is wearing me out--and left me with no time to cook anything fancy or do any real crafting! Once I get used to things as they are, I'll probably post a lot more.
Here's the typical run-down of my weekdays now:
6:30 Get up, eat breakfast
7:00 Get Paul up, check emails/blog/facebook/etc.
7:45-8:15 Take Paul to work
8:15-9:00 Make sure the girls are up, take Obi out, and get everything ready for Caida's schooling
9:00-9:30 Aerobics at the church with Cerene and Caida
10-2 Homeschool Caida
2-5:45 Clean, play with Caida, walk the dog, have friends over, visit with family, do lesson plans, read scriptures, plan primary lessons, run errands, job hunt, pack and prep the move, etc. MAYBE I'll sneak some crafting in here sometime soon!
5:45-6:15 Pick up Paul
6:15-7:15ish Make and eat dinner
7:15-8:00 Relax and hang with family until Caida goes to sleep.
8:00-whenever "Grown up time" with Cerene and Paul--I DID teach her how to follow a crochet pattern, and yesterday we got 3/4 done with her first ever turtle! Last night, because of storms and tension, I had a big headache, and went to bed early. I suppose I could do some crafting then, too...and all those things from 2-5:45 that I didn't get done yet.
I know what many of you are thinking--just wait 'til you have your own kids, Celeste, and several of them, and a job, and a house that needs fixed, etc. But, in my defense, at least when you bear children you have 9 months to prepare for a major life change. We had 7 hours. :) I actually really love my new schedule, it's just the abruptness of it all that is taking its toll and making me feel frazzled.
It IS fun, though. I feel healthier already, and I know I wouldn't go to aerobics without Cerene, or worry as much about not sneaking sugary snacks if it weren't for Caida always around and wanting some, too. I love those two! I have hardly watched Netflix all week. Obi has been SO GOOD with the new transitions, it's almost like she's a new dog...almost. :) Hopefully once the weather gets nicer (please, no more nights of storm sirens going off every 20 minutes!) then we can go swimming and take long walks and enjoy the sunshine and really get our SUMMER on! And Paul and I can really appreciate date nights now that we don't have each other all to ourselves already every day and night. And that is where we are at in the Fernandez home. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!