I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let's Talk Politics

I don't talk politics much, and I'm still not going to get into my political beliefs, because, frankly, everyone has their opinions pretty much set in stone and no amount of "open debate," however friendly, is actually going to change them.  But today is a day to vote in the primary elections here in Tippecanoe County, and I'm having lots of trouble figuring out who the major players are or where they stand on the issues.  Because I'm not really in either party, I can't just vote straight republican or democrat, and especially WITHIN a party, how do you know who to vote for when the names and their platforms are fairly unknown?  It doesn't help that however much I've searched in the last two days, I have yet to find a website that just summarizes each political candidate and his or her take on key issues anywhere.  Now I'm in a quandary: vote, uneducated, which I mostly think is stupid (but SO many people do it already), or not vote and feel guilty about not doing my civic duty when I'm perfectly able to and have nothing standing in my way?  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Do you know of a website that could help me get informed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!