I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

So, for lunch Caida insisted that she make the sandwiches.  I'm all about letting kids do the very most they can without my interference, so I let her.  Ham, cheese, and spinach.  Yum. 

As we were enjoying our sandwiches together, she decided that it was a mistake to have put the heel of the bread on her sandwich, and the top part of the crust that was covered in oats was gross and needed to be thrown onto my plate.  In a rather polite voice, I told her that that wasn't very nice. 

In a tone that I *know* came from mimicking her mother, she turned her chair to me and said in a stern and lecturing voice, "Celeste, I made this awesome sandwich for you, so you don't get to talk to me like that.  Just enjoy your sandwich." 

Trying to keep in a smirk, I told her that I wasn't being rude or disrespectful (which she can be at times), just that I didn't want her to throw her food onto my plate.

She asked me, again in that lecturing tone, "Well, how would YOU like it if I threw my bread onto YOUR plate?"

...ummm....

I told her, "You did!"

Sheepishly, "Oh yeah."

Then we giggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!