I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, May 7, 2011

My herb garden

I finally got around to putting up our hanging herb garden!  Woohoo!  I think it's going to be great...and I especially can't wait until this summer when we have fresh herbs and lots of lettuce and spinach to eat. 
The top row is mint, the 2nd row is cilantro, then half a row each of parsley, basil, oregano, and chives.  The bottom row is lettuce, and right above it is spinach.  6 rows in all!
I like that the cheap-o shoe rack we bought had clear plastic...(1) it made writing on it and poking a hole for draining MUCH easier than dealing with cloth, and (2) I'll be able to see the WHOLE plant growing, roots and all!
Yup, right outside our patio doors...and I found our flower box, so I planted extra lettuce!

To make life easier, I wrote with a metallic silver sharpie what I was planting in each...when it's wet, the words magically appear!  I had to buy the mint and spinach as young sprouts, but everything else is a gamble with seeds, sunshine, and fertilized water.  :)

Exhibit A: freshly watered mint.
 Funny side note: when I was saving the pictures, I thought the whole thing reminded me of a sideways piano...can you see it?  Isn't it fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!