I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

So proud of my felt bunnies and button egg!  :)

I realized yesterday as I was stuffing some eggs with tiny toys for our Primary kiddos that they matched the colors of our spring gerberas, too!  :)

Paul's and my Easter baskets (thank you, Dollar Tree, for cute metal baskets and tasteless-but-affordable candy selection!).

Our mini wreath, with three big Easter lilies and 6 easter eggs.  :)
Of course, all the cutesy stuff is not even SORT of the reason we celebrate Easter, but it's still fun. 

I'm more grateful for Easter this year than I think I've ever been before.  After all the family deaths this past autumn, and my subsequent almost-phobia of losing Paul early, I've been reflecting a lot on what the knowledge of Easter does for us.  Without Easter, there would be no Christmas.  Easter is the hope of the resurrection of ALL men.  Etc. etc. etc.  And I believe it's all true. 

But when I think about what it does for us NOW, as we deal with the loss of loved ones, I realize that having faith in the Atonement and resurrection of Christ means that we deal with the same pain as everyone else when death comes into our lives.  The pain isn't less.  But we are made stronger by our faith.  The eternal perspective, especially as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who believe that families truly can be together forever, may not lessen the pain of our losses, but it makes us more capable of bearing them.  I'm so grateful that, today and always, we have been given the most precious gift of all--the HOPE that Jesus Christ gave to us in the words of the angels--"He is not here; for He is risen!" 

Happy Easter, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. What fun decor! Great job! I'm so grateful for the Atonement, also. In the last couple of months one of our best friends' brother's died of cancer at the age of 25. He left behind a widow of the same age with two children under the age of 3. I was SO sick when I found out. I just ached for our friend and his family, and for his sister-in-law and her family. I was also grateful that all family members involved have the blessing of the gospel in their lives. They're good strong people, and they'll make it through this very painful trial. How do people handle these things without a sure testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel? I was inspired by the strength of both families, and extra grateful to have the same source of strength in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!