I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guess What I'm Doing for Earth Day? :)

A brilliant little thing I found HERE.  Affordable, easy, adaptable, and travels well.

I tried a garden on some Purdue plots last summer, but it was far away and I had no motivation to go there every day.  Also, bunnies ate many of the plants before they even stood a chance.  This I could put right out on my patio, and even when we move this summer it will travel decently well.  I'm going to grow some of our more commonly-used herbs (mint, cilantro, parsley, chives...what else?) and some baby lettuce leaves so we can have salad more often.  I can easily label what is in which pouches so I'll never get confused.  I won't have to weed much at all!  Really I'll just have to look out for a good water/sun ratio and keep an eye on bugs.  I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited!

2 comments:

  1. That seems like a really good idea! And very convenient for people who don't have a yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty darn brilliant idea. We've got a little bit of yard to work with, but so much of it gets so much shade! I'd do basil too, but quite a bit of my summer menu uses basil. Ooh - and spinach! I may have to try this out myself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!