I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Earth Day

The inspiration behind my own hanging herb garden--photos soon!
I usually celebrate Earth Day by keeping all the lights off in the house all day (except the bathroom--no natural light) and planting something.  It rained all day Friday (Earth Day) and the lighting was therefore awfully dark, but still.  Awesome.  I haven't yet gotten around to my amazing hanging herb garden due to funding issues, but that will be rectified this week.  I DID manage a few other fun things:
 Fun, almost free Earth Day bookmarks for family, friends, and Primary kiddos (got the idea [and an awesome free Earth Day printable] from HERE).

And our traditional "dirt pudding" (in 4-for-a-dollar plastic mini pots from the Dollar Tree) for dessert.  YUM. 

While EVERY day should be Earth Day, I love having a day set aside just to reflect on how well I'm doing at taking care of the earth that takes such good care of us.  What can we do to improve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!