I SOOOOO wish I could put pictures of my latest crafty projects up right now to show you all what I've been learning lately! I'm so proud of myself. Unfortunately, since at least some of my family reads this blog, I can't yet. Oooh, but I'm soooo anxious to share! Well. Let's just say that I've learned via some great YouTube videos how to crochet, made a few little sewing and no-sew projects, and had a little too much fun with duct tape. Also, I'm planning on learning a thing or two about glass etching very soon and am going to be up to my elbows in modpodge before the year is through. I am LOVING making these homemade gifts for my family and friends...not only is it easier on the wallet, and not only does it give me a chance to be a little more personal, but it gives me something to DO all day at home. Even being sick, I can still be productive as I sit in front of the T.V. and rest. I'm a fan.
In other news, I have 3 or 4 remedies for this awful sore throat I've had the last two days, but we don't have most of the ingredients lying around for me to try any of them. So I've been sticking with my several glasses of hot water and lemon and honey. I've also started drinking a daily cup of red raspberry leaf tea with honey and a squeeze of orange, and I've gotta tell you, I really like it. I mostly drink it hot because it sooths my throat, but I just made a big batch to ice. I know it's herbal tea and some people have issues with that, but I just love it. And this tea in particular I like, not only because it's good for me but because the smell reminds me of my grandpa. With a little honey mixed in, red raspberry leaf tea smells a lot like actual TEA tea...at least the sweetened, iced kind my grandpa used to always have in the fridge when I was little. I confess, before I understood the word of wisdom fully, I drank iced tea at his house all the time, and it was tasty and addictive. While I haven't had it since I was a pre-teen, the smell is still strong in my memory, and it's nice to have a bit of that back. Of course, red raspberry leaf tea doesn't really TASTE much like the other tea. But I'm enjoying just sniffing the steam of it just the same. :)
P.S. I've been watching the Dick Van Dyke Show as I work on projects, and Paul and I just LOVE it. We both have always said we were born in the wrong decade. I SO could have been friends with Laura Petrie. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!