3 c. sugar
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1 c. vegetable oil
2/3 c. water
4 eggs
***
3 1/2 c. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon and 1 Tbsp. nutmeg (though I just used 2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
***
1 c. mini chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 3 9x5'' loaf pans. (OR, if you're making muffins and mini muffins like I did, preheat to 325. Use paper muffin liners or grease and flour the mini muffin tin.)
- Beat together first 5 ingredients (sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs) until well blended.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients (flour, spices, baking soda, and salt) until WELL blended. I beat these in, too.
- Stir in chocolate chips and/or walnuts with a wooden spoon.
- Bake THREE (3) 9"x5" loaves at 350 for about 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- OR, if you're making muffins, bake at 325 for about 20 minutes. Bake mini-muffins at 325 for about 15 minutes. Use the toothpick to determine if they're done.
I went with the muffins. This made 24 regular-sized muffins for me and my family, and 48 mini muffins more for our primary kids! Best of all, it freezes well both before and after you bake them, so you can make a ton and save them...OR, you could bake them in mini-loaf pans and share with the world. :) Enjoy!
I love pumpkin chocolate chip bread!! I have been wanting to make it but haven't for a long time. I am going to have to make some this weekend:) Here is a quick and easy version that I tend to make when I do make it because it is so quick and easy (they say it is healthier too because it doesn't have eggs and oil in it but it still tastes great and then I don't feel guilty eating a lot of them)!!:)
ReplyDelete1 Spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin (15oz.)
1 bag chocolate chips
Mix cake mix and pumpkin together (it is going to seem like it is impossible but just keep mixing and it will go together). Add chocolate chips (you can use less but who doesn't like chocolate chips):) It will be really moist and messy so I like to use ice cream scoop to put on cookie sheets but you could just use a spoon. Bake @ 350 for 12-15 minutes or until firm to the touch. They will be really moist if you keep them in airtight container so I usually just put them on a plate with a towel over it. They are really good and everyone is always surprised when they find out what the ingredients are!!
I've actually made bread like that, and it was really yummy, too! :) I'll have to do a taste-test sometime with all these ideas. :)
ReplyDelete