I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The 12 DATES of Christmas--Day 2!

For the second date of Christmas, I gave to my true love a chance to be a lovebird (like those 2 turtle doves) with picnic and board games on the bed!  Usually I'd have chocolate and sparkling cider on hand, but since I have to make do with what we have around the house, it looks like we'll be having some coconut puffs (I have yet to try these, if they turn out good I'll share the recipe!) and maybe tuna salad sandwiches or something.  We DO have family dinner tonight, so maybe we won't even have a "main course." 

Can I just say, I can't wait 'til we have money to go grocery shopping again???  I am getting sick of finding creative things to do with ramen.  ;)

ALSO, a word to the wise: maybe I'm just a little crazy, but even if you date inside the comforts of your own home, with your spouse, you should still dress like you're on a date.  Seriously.  Would you wear your PJs trying to woo a woman (or man)?  NO!  (Unless they requested it...)  So don't take your significant other for granted, especially if they work hard to plan a date for the two of you.  Show a little respect.  A date is a date no matter where you go and no matter what you do.  End of soapbox.

Sadly, while we did watch a cute movie together before he went home teaching, afterward we were too tired to put up the tree AGAIN last night.  But we pinky promised we'd do it today...I sure hope we follow through!  It's funny mostly because we had our tree up 'til May or June last year, so I don't know why we're having such a difficult time putting it up now!  I blame the BLIZZARD.  It has sapped the energy right out of us.  Extreme temperatures do that to us.  But playdoh pictionary?  SO FUN!!!  We haven't laughed at with each other like that in a while!  There are a few inside jokes that will stick with us for YEARS to come...like "fruitloaf," "gingerbread!" and "BABY JESUS!"  If you want to see a few pics of our creations...well, you'll have to see the pics on my phone, because my computer apparently doesn't have an SD slot and I have no way of getting the pics off my phone.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!