Even before I had any idea that the movie "Tangled" existed, I really wanted to make my niece a Rapunzel wig for Christmas. Hearing that she saw the movie only made it that much more timely! I just made it this morning and wanted to show it off because I'm super proud of it:
 |
| The wig from behind...I probably should have made it longer, but hey, she's only 6, right? |
 |
| The front--I decided to weave the hair into the top of a headband I crocheted, and this gave her bangs, too...pretty smart, if I do say so myself! I probably should've made the headband a little bigger, though, to accomodate for all that yarn hair! |
 |
| Tangled up in "Tangled"...I love it! |
It should be noted here that my all-time favorite gifts are books I love, and for kids, some sort of prop or toy that goes along with it. Like this wig. Or the time I got my brothers a book about pirates and hid little treasure chests full of chocolate gold coins in their house, and hid a treasure map inside the book that they had to follow to find their candy. I L.O.V.E. making books come alive for kids. Seriously. It was one of my favorite things about being a teacher, too! I think for my kids' birthdays each year I'm going to buy them a new book and have some sort of dress-up item or toy that goes along with it, and save them after they're grown up for when they get older and have kids of their own. Side note: while this wig DID take a lot of time to make, it only cost me a few bucks!
A few other things:
 |
| Fleece scarves (I made 3 of these as gifts/stocking stuffers for the men who probably don't want flowery things. :) Still have to find some Bears fleece, though...) |
 |
| Felt pencil toppers...I started sewing some for Caida, and decided to hot glue them instead because then I could make enough for EVERYONE! :) |
 |
| Purely selfish--I'd wanted to make this all season long as decor for our home, and now I have it! I love the contrasting textures. This is sitting up in the corner of our coffee table/TV set. |
 |
| A stocking stuffer for my sister. I honestly don't know why the red looks so orangey here, but it's really quite Christmas-y in person and I love it! |
 |
| Remember this? I'd already painted one gerbera puzzle, but I'm in the middle of painting 2 more for stocking stuffers, too... |
 |
| Each one makes 6 pastel gerberas! |
 |
| And I didn't have to make these since I had a TON laying around from before, but I'm giving the girls each a flower doll (or, in Caida's case, like 7 of them) because I like them soooooooo much! |
*Whew!* ALMOST THERE! I only have a few gifts and things left to make, and a house to clean by Thursday, and then *MAYBE* I can enjoy the holidays in a more relaxed way. :) On another side note, I just found out that due to all sorts of scheduling craziness, we aren't having our family Christmas until New Year's Day (or maybe even the day after)...so that gives me more time (and another paycheck) to buy candy and all those little things! YAY! And we'll still be up in Chicago for Paul's family Christmas. Now that I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm much less stressed out. AND, Emilie comes home in 5 days!!! I can't wait to see her face!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!