I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010, Take 2

We got to head over to Dad's and Carri's for a nice, quiet dinner and the opening of presents on Sunday night.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me so I have no photos to share of our actual visit.  BUT.  They made me and Paul matching PJ bottoms, that match Obi's bow:
(I promise, as soon as Em comes back we'll get pictures of all of us matching and I'll post them!)

They also gave us a bunch of old pictures, report cards, test scores, etc.--all that stuff parents keep and then finally decide you're old enough to have for yourself.  AND, Dad decided to clean out some of his "junk" and give each of us kids something from his mission in Japan.  I got this lovely doll (1,000 bonus points to anyone who can translate the writing on the little wooden tag to the left of it!):


Also, another highlight of the evening: their new puppy, Sammy Dickens!  He's a mix between a chihuahua and a miniature schnauzer (actually called a chizer, but we called it a chauzer which makes more sense). 

Look at that face!  After holding him (he's a sweet 10-week-old baby), I decided I just *might* want a second dog after all...then I came home and we had to clean up Obi vomit, and I decided we might have to wait 'til she's not really a puppy anymore.  :)

Dickens with my brother Ben.

Dickens with my brother Lukey.
Not only was the company all right :), but the food was great.  AND, they let us have the leftover ham and bone, and I let it simmer ALL DAY yesterday for a rich ham-and-bean soup to go with our rice tonight.  I'm pretty stoked.  It was nice to be able to visit--even though they're only about a 20-25 minute drive away, we don't get to see them much because of all of our hectic and mis-matched schedules.  Happy Christmas to the Darland clan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!