I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Obi's first Christmas

Well, it's technically her second, but she wasn't with us for her first. Obsidian kinda scored for Christmas without even meaning to...

She got a new dental bone and a black fleece pillow/blanket combo.

She got a bow to match Paul's and my matching pajamas from Carri.

And she got (well, WILL get soon) a huge leash (to be used strictly in a no-tree, no-parking-lot area because she likes to wrap herself around stationary objects or dash in front of cars).
She also got SOOOOOOO spoiled by Paul's folks when we took her there--always telling her what a good girl she was, and feeding her SO much that she's STILL sick to her stomach today!

I know I'm going to like Christmas waaaaayyyyy better when we have excited small children around, because, seriously, you should have seen Obi last night when we gave her her toys!  First I let her out of the cage and tried to put the pillow in it--she sniffed it, and the second I stood up she grabbed it and ran out into the living room and started mouthing it!  It was soooooo funny.  THEN, when I finally wrestled it away from her, I distracted her with the blanket--man alive, had she missed her blankie!  She took to it right away, which I was concerned about since it didn't smell like her all over.  But she just started running and playing with it, and was SO excited!  It made me all warm and fuzzy inside.  THEN I showed her the bone (she had been too excited to notice it) and she grabbed it and took it over to her blankie and just laid down and started chewing on both of them, back and forth, like she couldn't make up her mind because she was SO EXCITED!  :)  When I put the blankie on her as she fell asleep on the couch, she didn't even try to wriggle out from underneath it. And this morning, in the cage, she was sleeping on her new pillow.  It was so precious.

When we get Emilie back, we're going to have her take our family pictures with our matching pajamas and bow.  :)  I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!