I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Monday, December 13, 2010

The 12 DATES of Christmas--Day 1!

I like to do a 12 days of Christmas for Paul each year, starting the 13th of December and leading up to Christmas Eve.  This usually entails some small gift, love coupon, candy, etc.  Since we're on the poorer side of things this year, and since we haven't gone on a date in a while, I decided to do the 12 DATES of Christmas.  He'll probably be sick of me after going on dates 12 nights in a row!  But it'll be fun.  I promise.  Anywho, I leave a little note each morning (on the toilet paper, so I KNOW he'll get it!) letting him know what to get excited about for that evening's date.  I tried to tie these in to the song, but some days were harder than others...so get creative.  :)

DATE 1: PLAYDOH PICTIONARY

After FINALLY putting up our tree tonight (after all, that partridge has to perch SOMEWHERE), we'll be playing Christmas Playdoh Pictionary.  Since I'm basically a big kid and have LOTS of playdoh lying around, this is a free date for us.  I've got a list of words, all Christmas/winter related, and even some song titles that are extra hard so they're worth 2 points.  We'll go through as many cards as we can in 1 minute, then switch.  Add points, winner makes both of our hot cocoa.  Then we'll sit and admire our tree.  :)  Once we actually do this, I'll post pictures of our evening.  :)

AND, in case you're following along and want to do this, too, here is my list of words and songs--so you don't have to think at ALL!  In 3 columns, with space in between each line, this filled up a single page, which printed and cut quite nicely.  Enjoy!


Santa Claus

Stockings

Baby Jesus

Mistletoe

Rudolph

Silver Bells

Present

Christmas Tree

Christmas Dinner

Caroling

Sleigh

Elf

Wreath

Ornaments

Snowman

Milk and Cookies

Train set

Dolly

Chimney

Garland

Wise Men

Star

Mary & Joseph

Little Drummer Boy

Grinch

Snowflake

Candy Cane

Jingle Bells

Ice Skates

Angel

Gingerbread

Candle

Fruitcake

Christmas Cookies

Christmas Lights

Joy

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (2 points)

We Wish You a Merry Christmas (2 points)

The 12 Days of Christmas (2 points)

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas (2 points)

Silent Night (2 points)

Jingle Bell Rock (2 points)

All I Want for Christmas is You (2 points)

Baby, It’s Cold Outside (2 points)

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute idea!! My problem is I don't plan ahead and then all of a sudden Christmas is here!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! That was my big mistake this year! Now I'm scrambling just to get crafts finished in time, and not really enjoying the season at all. :( Live and learn, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!