I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crocheted Basketweave Placemat

Check out that texture!



Note: for this post, you will need to know how to do a basic basketweave stitch, or at least front and back post double crochets. 

These were made using a size H hook, with 4-ply acrylic yarn (makes them extra sturdy).
ch: chain
st: stitch
sc: single crochet
dc: double crochet
hdc: half double crochet
fpdc/bpdc: front post/back post double crochets


Chain 60.
Row 1: In third ch from hook, dc across.  (58)  Chain 2, turn.
Row 2-4: *4 fpdc, 4bpdc* Repeat across. (56) At the end of the row, do a half double crochet into the end post.  Chain 2, turn.
Rows 5-7: *4 bpdc, 4 fpdc* Repeat across. (56)  At the end of the row, do a half double crochet itno the end post.  Chain 2, turn.

Continue on this way, with 3 rows of one (what I call a block) and then 3 rows of the alternate, until it's as high as you want (mine were 8 blocks high, through row 25).

Final Row: SC across (58).  Finish off and weave in ends.

That's it!  Make as many as you need, in whatever colors you choose...and don't forget to make matching napkin rings with your leftover yarn!  :)  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I love the basket weave "look"! Thanks for sharing your pretty pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the instructions for a dishcloth in this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the finished measurements? looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so generous to share your pattern and talent! Your directions are so easy to understand and they look beautiful. I can't wait to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I going to do 4 rectangular placemats for a friend, but she wants a triangle in both ends..and a runner as well in basket weave. How I do the triangle? I need to do it separate and then attach to the placemats?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!