The high school math teacher I subbed for today had the coolest mug.
Also, he apparently likes the same nerdy things my hubby and I do.
But the cool thing I saw in his room was this hanging pocket organizer...I'd love to sew my own for my classroom, kinda a quilted pockety thing with LOTS more pockets than this...but it's great to hang up in a classroom or playroom and keep YOUR things out of the hands of the little ones. Can't you imagine how cute it would be? :)
I subbed for years (by choice) and loved collecting ideas from all the classrooms that I visited :). One favorite was a teacher who had a big jigsaw puzzle set up on a table in her classroom so early finishers had something quiet to do. It ended up being a great exercise in working together.
ReplyDeleteThat's a really fun idea. Thanks for sharing! I know there are good days and bad days with subbing...but did it get easier as time went on? Because this first week has been..."a growing experience" for sure. ;)
DeleteI only subbed up to 8th grade, so I'm no help on high school. It does get easier once you are used to the people and routines at the school. Returning to a room you have worked in before is much more comfortable than walking in for the first time.
ReplyDelete