How do you deal with anger? Especially if that anger is directed at a person?
Sometimes I get really upset with people, and sometimes it's genuinely warranted and sometimes it's just me being human and petty and easily provoked. But either way, whether the person deserves it or not, I RARELY speak my mind, because of a million reasons that don't need to be brought up in public at the moment. Generally speaking, though, I think 75% of my frustrations should be kept to myself rather than brought up and starting an unnecessary fight (think "choose your battles" more than passive-aggressive, though I'm sure there's a bit of that, too). Yet knowing that, and holding it all in, certainly doesn't get rid of it. In fact, it seems to do the opposite. I know you know what I mean.
I'm curious how you all deal with this particular kind of frustration. Thoughts? Advice? I've tried going out of my way to serve the "offenders" in various ways, but I think I'm doing it expecting that it will change our relationships rather than doing it out of genuine charity, so all I end up feeling is more frustration when the outcome isn't what I want. I've tried prayer, and I'll keep trying it, but I feel like I need to do more. Maybe I just need a good workout, or some other cathartic activity? Should I really just learn to voice my opinions and concerns more assertively and deal with the consequences, even when I know how badly it will turn out? What do you think?
If you can't stay calm voicing your opinions in a positive constructive way, then don't. I got a couple of Billy Banks Taebo DVD's for my birthday and they are awesome. Very, very intense, but he makes you feel like you can do it. Even though a lot of the time I want to pass out afterward, it feels good. Remember, this is all coming from the crazy maniac. Take my word for it. Love ya! Good luck!
ReplyDelete