I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Luke Christopher Darland's Baptism!

My last little brother got baptized this morning. It was a sweet event. Even better (okay, not really, but still awesomely cool), my step-grandmother inspired me and now I want to make a 13 Articles of Faith quilt...y'know, when I eventually get around to learning how to sew, and have kids to make it with. I think it would be fun to try to pass them off as a family and then decorate a quilt patch with words and symbols for each one when you've done it (even just with fabric paints and markers)...then assemble all 13 together into a quilt as a Primary graduation gift. See why I should be a teacher or mom or something? Seriously. I have a bajillion ideas and no idea when I'll ever get to use them. Maybe Paul and I will just make our own. :) That could be a good FHE activity for the next few months...

Anywho, back to the baptism. Lukey got to pick his songs, and despite poking and prodding to pick baptismal-related songs he chose "My Country 'Tis of Thee" and "How Firm a Foundation." Still rocked. It was fun to have so much of the family back--Carri from Iraq, Dad and the boys from California, Kate from other places in Indiana, and Caida from North Carolina--and have so many family members under one roof again. Still not the whole family, but realistically that may not happen, so it was pretty neat.

Now for the good stuff...the pictures! Practicing and posing with Dad:



With brother Ben and niece Caida:
Luke looks more like his dad every day! Here's him showin' off his new suit and scriptures, along with that just-made-perfect smile:

And here is Ella (Caida's "Ella friend"), Luke, Ben, and Caida:

Congratulations, Lukey!!! Everyone, especially our Father in Heaven, is SO proud of you today!


P.S. On a totally unrelated note, feel free to play with the fish up in the right...they're fun to feed (just click the mouse and watch them follow you)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!