I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, January 16, 2009

Wishful Thinking


Since the high right now, mid-day, before windchill, is -7 degrees, right now I wish I had fire.

But if it weren't so cold, I probably wouldn't wish for fire at all. I always hated the question about what you would do if a genie granted you 3 wishes, because, first of all, no genie exists that will ever come and be able to grant me those wishes, anyway, so why get my hopes up? Secondly, there's always that story that comes to mind of that guy who had a fish-genie grant his wishes and they all got jumbled up and turned out completely differently than he meant, which is something that would probably happen to me. Thirdly, I have no idea what I really want or need, and if I were to ask for the "wrong" thing I'd only be kicking myself that much more later down the road, because that's the kind of girl I am. Lastly, what we wish for depends on context. For example, in colder-than-ice-cold temperatures, I want a fire. But when my house is on fire...I want something to put it out. What we want depends on the moment more than anything else...but having those three wishes granted is so much more permanent.

With all of that being said, however, I am now going to attempt to make 3 wishes. Whether or not a genie stumbles across this post is completely out of my hands, and they may some or all change tomorrow, but in this moment, being entirely selfish, here are my 3 wishes.

(1) I wish for a healthy body & mind.
(2) I wish for everyone's cars to work properly and keep us safe & warm as they get us from place to place.
(3) I wish Paul had a phone that worked & had minutes so I could talk to him whenever I wanted, wherever we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!