
I love flowers. I don't consider myself much of a girlie-girl, but every once in a while I find things that make me feel every inch and ounce of my femininity, and flowers are one of those things. I love gerbera daisies, calla lilies, stargazer lilies, orchids, and gladiolus the most, and that's why they're all part of my bouquets, but there are lots of other flowers I find extremely intoxicating. I'm not much of a gardener, but someday I'd like to learn everything I can about planting beautiful flowers in my own secret spot and tending them with the rain and the sun.
That being said, I don't like buying dead flowers. I just don't. I think it's a waste of money to buy once-alive stems just to keep them around the house for a few days of beauty. I want potted plants around the house where necessary, but I also love silk flowers (if they're good quality). Afloral.com is by far the best website I've been able to find for the price and quality of real-like flowers, and I can't buy them anywhere else.
With real, live flowers, though, there's something else extra special about having them around. Fake flowers are beautiful, but real flowers are cheerful. Fake flowers make the decor, but real flowers make that decor...vibrate? I don't know how to explain it. There's something to that feng shui or chi or Native American earth-spirits or whatever, because there's an added measure of life in a place with living flowers.
I think heaven has to have lots of flowers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!