I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Water

I have this thing about black & white photography, I adore it beyond comprehension and pretty much anything in black & white is beautiful to me. Some time ago, I downloaded a few photos that fit the bill and today I decided that instead of locking them away in my own computer I'd share them with all of you, one day or so at a time, and use them as my own muse for whatever I want to write about that day. Today's photo inspires thoughts on water.

My little brother gets baptized today! He turned 8 years old yesterday (my how the time flies!) and I get to play the piano for his baptism today. I barely remember anything about my own baptism, which is a shame since it was such a magnificent event in my life. All I really DO remember is that my dad, ready to dunk me, said, "Are you ready?" and my nervous little 8-year-old self-who-couldn't-swim was like, "No!" And he smiled and dunked me anyway, and I choked on some water and was sent into a coughing fit. At least, that's how my memory tells it. Maybe it's skewed after all these years...
I really love water. I'm not a big swimmer even today, although I love a leisurely swim as much as the next girl and I can effectively not drown. I love what water does to a human body, the way everything feels lighter, the joints ache less, the way warm water especially soothes away time's damages and one can merely "be". I love the timelessness of the ocean and the memories of summer pools and spring riverbanks and I love a good, hot shower in the morning. I'm a fan of drinking water, too, and now that I have a Pur water filter for my faucet I'm not afraid to drink the water my apartment offers! I love watercolors and Jell-O jigglers and soup and tears of joy and fountains and almost everything else that requires water to exist. Water is a mood-maker and it is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!