I worked on my portfolio. I also made pumpkin carrot cupcakes.
I got everything (almost, anyway) that I need for Paul's birthday, 2 weeks away! I still have to paint the flannel throws and a handful of other things, but I have at least BOUGHT almost everything I need...and today I finished up the goodie bags. :) Our costumes are awesome, too, by the way.
I finished Caida's costume! She's gonna be a rock queen bee. Can't wait to see her in it!
I also practiced no-heat ways to curl my hair this week. Specifically, with a sock and a headband. Here's with the sock (a more natural wave-type curl):
And here's with the headband (more vintagey, especially if you brush it out):
And another time, not just overnight but all day AND all night with just-out-of-the-shower hair instead of a dampness:
My hair is thin and straight and boring, so this is fun to do sometimes. And fast (sock took me 5 minutes, hairband took me about 10). Want to learn how? I'll share the video links. ;)
Sock bun video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FV-YO46E8Y&feature=relmfu
Vintage hair video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYxS1ohz4Ao
Also, we are now at 48 days since we told management about the leak in our bathroom. 15 days afterwards, they finally came and cleaned it out. Here's where we're at today.
| This is our unfinished bathroom ceiling. |
| This is the stuff they leave everywhere. (And McDonald's trash.) |
| This is our bathroom closet...after banging around in it off and on for an hour, I'm still not sure what they actually did... |
| They had just spray-painted over the rotting door frame...it's already cracking again. And you can see black marks from various tools and ceilings and such...they haven't painted yet. |
That's my week in a nutshell. :) What have YOU been up to?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving some love!