I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Show Off Saturday

I love Good Will anyway, but I have decided that Paul and I are going to have a first-Saturday-of-the-month date breakfast and Good Will raid from now on.  50% off!  When I got there at 9am, it wasn't too terribly crowded...and I ran into several people I know.  :)

No, seriously, though.  I scored BIG this morning.  I went for the purpose of finding things as bases for our costumes for Paul's pirate birthday party and Halloween.  I found two adult peasant shirts (one male one female) for our piratey birthday costumes.  I found a yellow lace-up tank for Caida's rock queen bee Halloween costume (it's gonna be SOOOO cute!) AND a black mini skirt to go with it (she'll wear tights!).  I also found a cute purple-and-gray-striped long tee shirt dress for Caida that will be PERFECT if we can find a purple or black fabric belt to go with...or maybe I'll just make one. :)  I also found an ugly red thick pillowcase that I'm going to cut up and use the fabric for...oh yeah, and half a dozen books.  ALL FOR $12.  Score!

In other news, I finished my fake corset (tutorial to come soon!) and I started turning my old skirts/ugly maternity-esque shirts into dresses for Caida.  (Sort of tutorial to come...).  Here are some pics to whet your appetite!  :)

Caida's Dress (that cost me $2.50 for the tee shirt and used ribbon/thread/a skirt that I already had...)
From a Caida-sized tee...

And this BEAUTIFUL but just-too-small-and-just-too-short skirt (from Goodwill, so no huge loss, as it was only $4 to begin with), came...

This cute dress!!!
She looks awesome in it, even before I had the ribbon tie and the flower finished!

I. am. in. love. with this fabric flower!  So sepia.  Reminds me of something antiqued.  :)


Faux (no-sew) Corset Top


And I applied to some of those jobs mentioned earlier.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

That's really all I can show off for this week.  What have YOU done? :)

2 comments:

  1. That dress for Caida is super impressive! You are awesome at this kind of stuff. I love looking at all of the neat, creative things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Laura! :) It's fun for me. But I'll have to find a job soon just to pay for this very expensive hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!