I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, August 3, 2012

*Some* LEGO-inspired project reveal :)

I'm going to have to do this all in installments as I finish sets of projects.  :)

Tonight my friends Christi and Yi Chou (and her kids) came over to help me out with some LEGO-inspired projects for my future (someday...*sigh*) classroom.  I know decor isn't everything, but it IS the little touches that make things look thought-out and that make a good first impression.  So why not have them help me out on the things I don't have to do myself?  :) 

The kids and ladies did an AWESOME job, I'm so blessed to have such creative, fun friends!  Here are some of the pictures:

Put it sideways. :)  They glued magnets on the back side of some Mega Bloks so I can put these on the white board, to hold my markers. :)

Holding up the awesome nameplate for my desk!

Here's a close-up...again, look sideways. :)

G with the desk organizer she made me. Isn't it awesome? :)

J made this awesome lamp base, and Christi glued the LEGOs around the lamp shade edges. :)

The GERM-X bathroom/hall passes (there's a soap one, too)...the LEGOs just float in the soap or Germ-X!


We also got a GIANT (100 count) bag of plastic balls for $15 today, and they were a BIG HIT when the work was all done! :)
Lest you think I let them do ALL the work:
Actually did this yesterday, but wanted to show it off...my attendance and behavior board. :)
My "Where Are We?" board I did tonight for when we're out of the classroom...gonna have a different Mega Blok for each possible location and just change it out. :)  I bought this scrapbook paper from the LEGO store years ago and just painted the top/sides of the cheap-o clipboard, mod-podged it on, then hot-glued the red Mega Blok base. :)  White stickers finished the trick.














I also started two other projects that aren't finished yet so I can't reveal them yet...stay tuned for round 2 sometime next week!

And thanks again, ladies, for coming to help me out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I love your Lego inspired projects for class.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love!