I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, August 24, 2012

Great-Grandma's 100th birthday!

So, my great-grandma fulfilled one of her dreams this year--she turned 100 years old on August 19th!  We had a big family get-together on the 18th to celebrate.  Here are a few fun pics of the event. 

We told Caida she couldn't eat or play until we had talked to Great-Grandma and we had taken all our pictures...so she wiggled her way right between the two of these ladies and posed!  :)

Charissa looks especially good here.

Aww, 3 generations.  :)

Here's Gram with the great-great grandkids that could be there.  Can you imagine?!

Here's us great-grandkids.

All the grandkids that could make it.

The 5 of her 7 children that are still living all made it!  Wish Grandma could've been there, for sure.  I'm sure she was, really. 

Super small pictures bc I stole it from Cerene's facebook, but here are us three sisters with Great Grandma!

Me and Gram.  :)  I hope I look even sort of as good as her if I ever make it to 100 years old!


I wish I knew more of the people in these pictures.  :/  But it was still pretty awesome.  Good food, as always, and it's especially fun when any of our cousins from Utah come out because they're the ones I know best. 

Turning 100 is, of course, quite the accomplishment!  August 19, 2012 was declared "Elsie Cunningham Griffey Day" by the mayor of Delphi, who made an appearance.  Apparently my great-grandma was a meter maid there for many, many years until her retirement, and she was pretty harsh!  She gave family, friends, and public officials tickets just as often as everyone else.  She's also the oldest child in her family, and the only one of her siblings still living.  She's buried her twin daughters, but all her other 5 children are still very much alive and kickin' (and all on Facebook!).  All I really remember is, up until a few years ago, she used to send out a birthday card for every grandchild or great-grandchild with a FRESH new $1 bill in it.  Those new bills always smelled so good.  It's so fun to hear the stories passed around from family members passed around our facebook page.

She sure is a neat lady, and still so very much with us.  We're already planning out how to celebrate her 101st!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!