I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, August 16, 2012

First day of work...and hopefully not my last!

What a WHIRLWIND today has been. 

:) I started a new job as a para in a local elementary school, and I LOVE it!  I get to work with a super-sweet 2nd grader in the mornings and then help out in the resource room in the afternoons. 
:( Red tape, beaurocracy, money, all the NOT FUN stuff will be the death of me. Turns out some of my paperwork is expired/can't go through, so I have to update my info ASAP and I don't have all the other documents required.  I would HATE to lose this awesome job because of something as silly as paperwork.  I sure hope my first days aren't also my last!
:) I met a lot of cool grown-ups and kids and felt really inspired all day today.  It's great to know that you're making a difference, but it's even greater to know you're in good company while you do it.  It's also REALLY AMAZING to see how the Lord answered so many prayers in this job of mine, and not all the prayers belonged to ME, either!  It's amazing to feel like you are where you are supposed to be.
:( It's been a little heartbreaking today, too.  Seeing what some of our children are struggling with is just gut-wrenching, and reminds me of Caida in a lot of ways, which just brought up floods of emotions I wasn't quite prepared for.  I was fighting back happy AND sad tears all day today.
:) THUNDERSTORMS!
:( My puppies have NOT liked this amazing day of thunderstorms as much as I have.  And they're both such GIRLY GIRLS and will not go to the bathroom in rainy/wet grass.
:) I ate a really healthy lunch today.  Eating well really does make everything better most of the time!
:( I made up for it with a breakfast and after-school-snack of brownies and ice cream.  My body is regretting it for sure.  I just want a nap.

Seeing as how it's post-school office hours, post-BMV hours, and there's nothing I can do about the paperwork issue until tomorrow after work either way, I suppose I should have a little faith that things will work out and just go preoccupy myself right now.  Yeah.  I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!