I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Friday, May 25, 2012

Our cleaning schedule

I finally got around to making our dry-erase cleaning schedule.  It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.


I just used clip art and Microsoft Word to make it...the pictures are a little more fun to cross off than words would be.  :)  I have dishes and trash/recycling symbols every day, since we really just do these as needed.  Kitchen cleaning, besides sweeping/mopping, always happens when I do dishes, since our kitchen is really the size of a hallway...so if you have a BIG kitchen that needs a lot of attention you'd need an extra symbol for that, too.  :)

MONDAY= sweep/vacuum and mop (I made these two separate symbols because I always sweep and vacuum at the same time, but I rarely get around to mopping...)
TUESDAY = bathrooms and windows (since I'll already have the Windex out for the mirrors anyway...)
WEDNESDAY = bedrooms.  If I ever get on top of laundry, bedrooms will actually be a breeze...so it'll be a nice mid-week "break."
THURSDAY = living room.  Mostly just straightening up.  This is a good day to do this for us since we both have Church meetings that night, one of them IN our living room.  So just making sure movies are put away, any trash/dishes are cleaned up, and especially our dining table and hope chest are cleaned off.
FRIDAY = shopping day.  Grocery shopping to make sure we have everything we need for the weekend.  If I ever get a REAL teaching job, this will be a good day to do it.
SATURDAY = LAUNDRY!  (And dusting, while the laundry is going...)  To make sure we have clean clothes for Sunday and for our work week.  If I actually have a designated laundry day, maybe I won't be so overwhelmed with six or seven loads of laundry all at once.  MAYBE.  :)
SUNDAY = mostly a day of rest.  I usually have trash and dishes taken care of by then, and I put cleaning out the fridge in case it needs it, but I usually do that whenever I go shopping to make room for the new food.  But having a "blank" day looked weird, so I *had* to have some clipart.  :)

Bigger projects, like cleaning out the storage shed or reorganizing closets, will be on an as-needed basis.

My favorite part of this is having it in a picture frame outside of our bathroom door, with the marker resting right on it.  Our single hallway in our apartment has NO PICTURES, and this is a colorful first step towards fixing that.  It's pretty AND useful, AND easy-to-reuse.

If you want to download this (you can change any text or move pictures around to your liking for your own schedule), the word document is available for download HERE.  :)  I used the font "stamp act," which you can download for free online (just google "stamp act font" and a few places will show up)...or you can change it to any font you like.

Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!