I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Giveaway Winner and my memoir!

My 6-word memoir-to-date was a struggle to write! Here were just *some* of the final contestants:

You'd have to ask someone else.
I tried my hardest every day.
Really, I could have done better.
Struggled against the "other me" within.
I wish life had an eraser.
My life was not my own.
I am happier than I look.
I ate more chocolate than necessary. :)
Hit the "reset" button...multiple times.
I lived my life inside-out.
Stuck forever in the waiting place.
Good things come to the patient.
Work in progress. Quality takes time!


But the winner?
"Afraid I'd get what I wanted."

Remember how I said that what I write today isn't necessarily what I'd write tomorrow?  Well, this is SO true of me at this phase of my life--today, this month...  I think I don't even totally know what I want, really.  I mean, I've felt pretty strongly about some things over the course of my life, but then the Lord has given me something else and I feel at first bitter and betrayed, then hopeful, then excited about the new thing--just in time to have my life change drastically in some way and have to realign myself OVER and OVER and OVER again.  Being polished, to the point of second-guessing myself.  Like maybe I have no clue what's going on and it's a good thing the Lord is in charge because if *I* were in charge completely, I'd screw myself over.

And then I worry all day long about the things I *DO* want, and how I'd handle them, and whether or not the reality would live up to the dream, or if I'd be good at it or even like it once I had it...well, "afraid" is probably the best word to describe me these days.  Not that you'd know that if you knew me or saw me every day.  But it's true.  So this was the winner.  At least this month, with job applications and anniversaries and baby announcements that make me pensive today.  Maybe next month I'd have chosen another phrase instead.  :)

And, anyway, speaking of winners...
I pulled a name from one of my MANY awesome hats...

...and the winner of the 2-book giveaway is...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
(Excuse my just-woke-up grossness, especially my "sleeping bun" that fell to the side of my head overnight.)


Congratulations, Christina! Email me at omadarland@gmail.com with your mailing address and I will get the books out to you in the mail ASAP!

Thank you, everyone else, for sharing your memoirs with me. It's always fun to see what people come up with. Don't be discouraged if you didn't win...there may be some more giveaways with a purpose coming your way soon. ;)  None of them will be very big, but I figure I can swing a *little* something every once in a while.  So be on the lookout for more fun little things you could win!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love!