I'm a BIG fan of sharing...so pin away! :)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

1. I'm thankful for the be-au-ti-ful weather this week!  Yesterday was especially nice, at 67 degrees and sunny...it's like the earth knew it was Leap Day and didn't count as a regular day so the wintery blahs took a vacation.  :)  Today isn't QUITE as nice, but it's still not too shabby.  I will probably take the dogs for a walk!
2. I'm grateful for all the little quirks that make Paul who he is.  :)  Even when our interests diverge, I can genuinely take interest in just watching him enjoy the things he loves to do.  It's fun.
3. I'm thankful it's my birthday month!  I don't really like making a big deal of it, usually, but I *do* enjoy the pensive thoughts that spring up around this time every year.  Not only is it nice to be spoiled by my husband (he's taking me to see Hunger Games in IMAX!), but it's fun to look back on where I was at this time last year, or five years ago, or ten, or twenty, and feel like maybe I *am* {slowly} progressing and becoming what I want to be.  And it makes me extra grateful to be alive, to be able to keep continuing this journey and the celebrations year after year.  I know many of the world's people are not so fortunate.
4. I'm thankful for dog cages.  :)  Voodoo has been extra destructive lately, and it's been really nice to be able to just put her in a cage when we have to be away for any length of time.  Don't hate me, animal lovers--I love my dog.  I just also love NOT having to spend half our paycheck replacing expensive things she's chewed up.  Or coming home to find this:
Yeah, random pieces of black plastic chewed up one day.  We want to be mad about it, but we can't even figure out what it used to be, so...

5. I'm grateful for the slow-and-steady nudges of the Spirit, when I'm worthy of and listening to them.  I've had lots of impressions lately, not even things I ought to do, but things to ponder and work towards, and it's been very quiet and almost imperceptibly slow-moving but I feel like I'm getting there.

What are YOU thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that the infertility meds my doctor has put me on seem to be working. I'm thankful for my amazing husband and how supportive he's been throughout all of this. Really, I have a TON to be thankful for. Life isn't perfect, but parts of it sure are good!

    Oh, and I see nothing wrong with caging your dogs! It's not just for the safety of your stuff, it's for their safety, as well. Eating all that plastic and wood and what-have-you is not good to puppies' digestive tracts. So cage away...as far as I'm concerned, it's for everyone's good!

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for you!!! And thanks for that second paragraph...it's a good point, and now I can get my husband to go along with me most days. (He hates caging them. He's kinda a pushover for puppies. :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving some love!